⇨ WHAT’S INCLUDED ⇦
○ 10 reindeer- each in both color and black & white
○ Every target page is in black & white for easy printing
○ Blank target page
○ R includes- beginning, blends, each individual vocalic R, and recurring R (9 total)
○ Language Targets:
- attributes (color, shape, size, category)
- same & different (levels 1 & 2)
- WH questions (what level 1 & 2, where, who, why)
- verbs (regular & irregular)
- plurals (regular & irregular)
○ Speech Targets:
- note: every phoneme has 4 target pages: beginning, middle, final, and “all”
- P, B, M, N, T, D, K, G, F, V, L, S, Z, SH, CH, J, TH
- L Blends, S Blends
- R: initial, R blends, AR, AIR, EAR, IRE, OR, ER, recurring R
○ Syllable Shape Targets:
○ Print and cut out the 10 reindeer (laminating optional).
○ Hide them around the room.
○ Bonus: Give each student a finger light or flashlight and turn out the lights!
○ Print the target page that corresponds to your student’s goals (or pull it up on your iPad).
○ Your students must find each reindeer. When they find one, they match it to their target page. They must practice their target in order to catch the reindeer!
○ The game is over when every reindeer has been caught.
Do you have a new idea? DM me on Instagram so I can add it!
○ Hide the pictures in a sensory bin instead of around the room.
○ Target prepositions by hiding the pictures strategically.
○ Target following directions. (“get the picture, bring it here, and put it on the table”)
○ Target vocabulary by placing the pictures in specific places (table, chair, etc)
○ Target descriptors by describing which picture you want the student to find- or have them describe it!
○ Have your students color their goal page while you’re working with another student in a mixed group.
○ Alternate between target pages to target multiple goals.
○ Use the articulation pages to work at sentence level. (“I found the X.”)
○ Print doubles of the pictures- hide one set and match it to the other. Skipping the goal pages can truly help *everyone* participate in this fun activity!
○ Practice following a point or gaze if the student needs help finding a zombie. This can be thought of as “thinking with their eyes.”
○ Use the blank target pages to target ANYTHING that isn’t covered in the included goal pages- and then email me at [email protected] so I can add it to the resource!
I recommend laminating the 10 themed pictures to keep and printing off goal pages as needed. I sometimes keep most-used goal pages on hand in page protectors as well. (i.e. K, G, R, S blends, L, L blends, C1V1C2V2, CVC, wh questions, pronouns, and categories).
Again, you can pull up goal pages on your computer or tablet if you want this to be no print!
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!