R Words to Wacky helps you take your student from word to structured conversation level for every form of R. You are guaranteed to get some giggles with the silly R-loaded paragraphs and tongue twisters that are included! This resource provides you with a unique way to challenge your students within the speech hierarchy so you can work toward generalization and carryover more efficiently!
○ “Tongue twisters are always a hit in therapy!”
○ “I love tongue twisters! These are a fun way to spice up articulation practice.”
○ “I have SO many kids with /r/ problems! This is a nice activity to lighten the mood.”
○ “These have been really helpful, especially with my students who need to work on carryover!”
○ Have your students read the page out loud while practicing their best R sound.
○ For added support, students may go through and highlight every R so they know it’s coming.
○ You can also use this product as a phonemic awareness and auditory discrimination activity. Have them listen as you read and their job can be to tell you when they hear an R.
○ Types of R included: prevocalic R, AR, ER, EAR, AIR, IRE, OR, R Blends (combined), RL Blends
○ Each type of R includes one page each of word, phrase, sentence, paragraph, and structured conversation level practice
○ Every page of paragraph-level practice is FILLED with that particular form of R
○ There is also word, phrase, sentence, paragraph, and structured conversation level practice for “R INSANITY!” (which is every form of R combined)
○ 8 different R-heavy tongue twisters (included in the R Insanity section)
○ prep : This resource is NO PREP! Just print and go or, if you prefer, just pull it up on your computer or tablet.
○ R Words to Wacky is primarily black & white except for the “structured conversation level” pages that contain clip art.
● VIP Emails : Get access to my freebie library, exclusive deals, and therapy tips!
● Instagram : I’m here most often – therapy ideas, Q&A’s, and daily life
● Blog : helpful ideas and reviews for your therapy room
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!