So you finally have an R…. but only one variation! For some reason the student can’t seem to generalize to other forms of R. Well… don’t stress! That is what R Puzzles are for. This activity is designed specifically for those students who have trouble generalizing their R to every variation and word position. It is a concrete, visual way for them to understand that R shouldn’t fall apart just because it is being said in one position or the other.
↠ Pro Tip: Have the students start with the puzzle pieces farther apart as they produce their target word. As their accuracy improves, they can move the puzzle pieces closer together to speed up production and *finally* maintain that beautiful R sound!
⇨ WHAT’S INCLUDED ⇦
○ Blank template pages for extra practice on each students’ trickiest words
- 1 “key page” for 2-piece puzzles
- 1 “key page” for 3-piece puzzles
- 1 page with 3 blank 2-piece puzzles
- 1 page with 3 blank 3-piece puzzles
○ Initial R
- 1 key page with 10 target words
- 6 puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 final AR words
- 6 final AR puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 medial AR words
- 6 medial AR puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 final EAR words
- 6 final EAR puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 medial EAR words
- 6 medial EAR puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 final AIR words
- 6 final AIR puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 medial AIR words
- 6 medial AR puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 final OR words
- 6 final OR puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 medial OR words
- 6 medial OR puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 final IRE words
- 6 final IRE puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 medial IRE words
- 6 medial IRE puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 final ER words
- 6 final ER puzzles
- 1 key page with 10 medial ER words
- 6 medial ER puzzles
⇨ HOW TO PREP ⇦
○ Have your students help cut out the puzzles for their target words to save you time!
○ Print on cardstock or thicker astrobrites for easy reuse!
○ Use the “key pages” for a no prep visual!
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!