Phonological awareness is key for generalization in speech therapy. “How Many Rs” is a LOW PREP game that is perfect for your articulation groups and can be used both to practice R AND to increase awareness of R words. You can even use this activity to add substance to those sessions that seem to drag on before you’re able to elicit R successfully. (If that sounds like you- go check out the Teaching R approach now!)
○ Print and cut out as many sets of numbers as you need for your student(s).
○ Read the word, phrase, or sentence that is suitable for your current level.
○ Each student will hold up the number that corresponds to how many Rs they believe they heard.
○ instructions for how to play the game
○ score sheet
○ color and black & white numbers (0-7)
○ black and white pages for R words, phrases, and sentences
○ 2 word level pages containing 0-1 Rs & 2 containing 0-2 Rs
○ 4 phrase level pages containing 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, and 0-4 Rs
○ 7 sentence level page containing 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, and 0-7 Rs
○ 2 bonus round pages containing *any number* of Rs
○ print and cut out the numbers
○ The rest is NO PREP! You can either print the word/phrase/sentence pages or just pull them up on your screen.
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!