Help your patience approach feeding therapy in an engaging, objective, and positive way with this NO PREP resource! These “food science experiments” provided leveled activities to help your patient “research” a variety of foods. These worksheets are perfect for therapy activities or home programming for sensory feeding patients.
⇨ WHAT’S INCLUDED ⇦
○ Level 1: Surveys & Observations
- Family Survey: What foods do you like?
- Family Survey: What are your strategies for trying new foods?
- Food Data Sheets (2 pages to explore properties of single foods)
- Food Data Sheets (4 pages to explore the similarities of different foods’ properties)
- What’s Different: explore the difference between different brands of the same food
- Venn Diagram: compare & contrast two foods
○ Level 2: Food Experiments
- Sink or Float
- Which food dissolves the fastest?
- Which food can you spit the farthest?
○ Level 3: Taste Tests Part 1
- Which food is the spiciest?
- Which food is the saltiest?
- Which food is the sweetest?
- Which food is the most sour?
○ Level 4: Taste Tests Part 2
- Taste Test Tongue Map (with taste bud zones)
- Taste Test Tongue Map (without taste bud zones)
- What face do you make?
- Battle of the sauces (2 pages)
- Taste Test: Methods for Food Improvement
- Location Test Test- Did it Change?
- Presentation Taste Test: Does changing the presentation change the taste?
○ Level 5: Personal Data Tracking
- Food Tracking Chart: how many times have you tried it
- Fill The Taste Test Tube (5 spaces)
- Fill The Taste Test Tube (10 spaces)
- Food Tracking Test Tubes (protein, vegetable, fruit, and meal- 5 spaces each)
- Food Tracking Test Tubes (protein, vegetable, fruit, and meal- 10 spaces each)
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!