It is impossible to find resources for every unique special interest your students have… or is it? Special Interest resources allows you to “plug in” any 5 images of your choice (from google or your computer) and customize to ANY special interest! You will be amazed at how engaged your students are once they see their favorite characters, family members, or objects move around these no-print scenes. This resource makes it much easier to keep your students engaged in your session! Designed with Autistic students in mind but works perfectly for a huge range of students!
⇨ This resource is in the ever-growing Special Interest Resource Line! Check out the other goals you can target with these resources, such as spatial concepts!
☞ Please Read Before Purchasing ☜
- It is strongly recommended that you open this resource in Adobe Acrobat to ensure it works properly. The link to download it for free is included on the instruction page in the resource.
- If for any reason you need help trouble-shooting, visiting this FAQ will be the quickest way to get you up and running!
- Some devices (tablets in particular) seem to have difficulty with the navigation arrows. If this is the case, you may need to scroll to the next page or use keyboard arrows. I am working on a solution for this. You can always check back in your “my purchases” for updates to any TpT purchase. I will also announce updates/notices to re-download to my waitlist and Instagram stories. You should not have this issue on a laptop if you are using the most up-to-date version of Adobe Acrobat.
- This download does not include any sets of images for you to input. You will need to use images from your own device. They may be any jpeg or png file that you have made/taken yourself or found on the internet. Please also note that some people report that png works best.
⇨ WHAT’S INCLUDED ⇦
- how to use this resource
- easy, step-by-step instructions on how to input your images
- link to video tutorial of how to input your images
● 5 Activities
- Stacking/crashing blocks
- Blowing up & popping a balloon
- Looking at clouds through binoculars
- Knocking/opening/closing doors
- Riding in the car
● Suggestions for target words included (ex: on, off, up, down, open, close, stop, go, more, want, big, small)
⇨ IDEAS FOR IMAGES TO INPUT ⇦
- family members
- movie/TV characters
- favorite animals
- words containing a target sound
- ANYTHING your student is passionate about
- Let your student choose!
⇨ CUSTOMER REVIEWS FROM TPT ⇦
“Love this resource! It is extremely easy to personalize for different students, which is one of the best things about it.”
“This is a great engaging and interactive activity that helps teach core words. I use this resource with nonverbal and hearing impaired students that both use AAC to help them communicate.”
“This resource is a total game changer.”
COME SAY HI!
● VIP Emails : Get access to my freebie library, exclusive deals, and therapy tips!
● Instagram : I’m here most often – therapy ideas, Q&A’s, and daily life!
● Blog : Find helpful ideas and reviews for your therapy room!
● Youtube ● Pinterest ● Facebook ●
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!