This packet contains two main types of sorting activities: single phoneme activities where they sort by language concept, and phonological awareness activities where they sort by phoneme or phonological process. It is a hands-on, engaging activity to make your students really THINK. Sorting is such a great way to scaffold a new concept and provide built-in supports. This resource is extremely versatile and is perfect for 1:1, mixed groups, and home carryover.
○ Each target page has a color and black & white version.
○ Final Consonant Deletion Page: tail sound/ no tail sound (minimal pairs)
○ Voicing Sorting Page: voice on/voice off
○ Syllable Sorting Page: 2 syllables/3 syllables
○ S Blend Sorting Page: actions/things
○ CVC Word Sorting Page: animals/things
○ P Word Sorting Page: food/animals
○ B Word Sorting Page: nice things/yucky things
○ T Word Sorting Page: in your house/ at the zoo
○ D Word Sorting Page: things at a baseball game/ things at a birthday party
○ K Words Sorting Page: sweet/ not sweet
○ G Words Sorting Page: animals/things
○ F Words Sorting Page: inside/outside
○ V Words Sorting Page: things you can touch/ things you can’t touch
○ S Words Sorting Page: loud/quiet
○ T vs K Words Sorting Page
○ D vs G Words Sorting Page
○ F vs P Words Sorting Page
○ V vs B Words Sorting Page
○ R vs W Words Sorting Page
○ L vs W Words Sorting Page
○ L vs Y Words Sorting Page
○ TH vs F Words Sorting Page
○ S vs SH Words Sorting Page
○ S Blends vs F Words Sorting Page
○ print and go!
○ have scissors available
○ use glue/tape to attach the pictures on the page OR don’t attach and reuse
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!