Have you ever wondered about the origin of an idiom? Idioms and Origins contains over 40 flash cards and lots of no prep idioms worksheets! It is designed to help your students FINALLY REMEMBER the meanings of these idioms! They will come to life and become much more interesting for them (and for you)!
You can also check out this blog post for some helpful strategies that will help your students decipher the meaning of unfamiliar vocabulary.
○ 42 color cards: Each has art work, the meaning, the origin, and an example of the idiom.
○ definition page for the word “idiom”.
○ 17 total pages of black & white activities including a “create your own idiom” activity, “draw your favorite idiom” as well as the 12 worksheets detailed below
○ 12 worksheets: multiple choice, crossword, fill-in-the-block, matching, write an example
○ Print the cards- you can cut and laminate or just grab the page and go.
○ No print option- pull the cards up on your screen.
○ The worksheets are no prep!
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!